Funds will be used to support clinical activities, R&D, international growth and establishing its operations in Belgium
labfolder GmbH from Berlin and the cubuslab GmbH from Karlsruhe are merging. As a new company called Labforward, they jointly develop a manufacturer-independent platform for the integration of laboratory equipment and laboratory control software. The result is an internationally-operating company with unique expertise in the digital transformation of laboratories.
Ophthalmic sensors and digital health company Implandata Ophthalmic Products GmbH (Implandata) announced today that it successfully attained CE mark for its EYEMATE system for use in patients undergoing keratoprosthesis surgery. Keratoprosthesis represents an infrequent yet important procedure for restoring vision; it is performed on patients whose donor cornea transplantation procedure has failed or shows only limited success. Increased intraocular pressure (IOP) in keratoprosthesis patients is a frequent and major post-surgical complication, resulting in failure of the procedure, secondary glaucoma and, consequently, vision loss.
Ophthalmic medical device company Implandata Ophthalmic Products GmbH (Implandata) announced today it successfully attained CE mark for its next generation EYEMATE-IO 1.1 implantable micro-sensor, which will be launched in April 2019. The CE-certified product enables eye surgeons to place the permanent implantable eye pressure sensor in conjunction with cataract surgery through significantly smaller incisions. The micro-sensor performs continual monitoring of eye pressure in glaucoma patients, providing highly critical information for guided glaucoma therapy.
Ophthalmic medical device company Implandata Ophthalmic Products GmbH (Implandata) announced today that the first patient in its international, multi-center, ARGOS-SC01 clinical study has been successfully implanted with its novel pressure sensor. This first-in-human clinical study is being conducted to validate the suprachoroidally-placed EYEMATE-SC sensor implant for continual monitoring of intraocular pressure (IOP).
- This portfolio expansion is the result of an ongoing collaboration and license agreement between CEVEC and CellGenix for the development and GMP production of selected cytokines for ex vivo cell culture therapy applications using CEVEC’s proprietary CAP®Go technology
- CEVEC’s CAP®Go technology enables CellGenix access to new cytokines and proteins requiring human post-translational modifications not provided by bacterial expression systems
- CellGenix® recombinant human transforming growth factor-beta 1 (rh TGF-ß1) is used for the expansion of pluripotent stem cells (PSC) and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) as well as for the differentiation of T cells into regulatory T cells (Treg cells) and the expansion of Treg cells
- CAP®Go-derived GMP TGF-ß1 is planned to become available in the second half of 2018
Together with labfolder, the NRW Priority Professorship Biohybride and Medical Textiles in the new Center for Biohybrid Medical Systems at the RWTH Aachen University embarks on digital data management. Goals are the protection and traceability of the primary data, but the vision is to structure Big Data and also data that may have previously been ignored.
- Newly developed helper-free AAV packaging cell line provides unique solution for large-scale viral gene therapy vector production
- Easy and stable production processes, independent of transient transfection or helper virus
- Data from CEVEC’s successful proof-of-concept studies will be presented at the conference
- New patent paves the way for further market expansion for CAP®Go expression platform
- Patent strengthens CEVEC’s unique position in producing recombinant proteins with tailor-made glycosylation
- Important milestone in establishing CAP®Go as the production standard for difficult-to- express recombinant glycoproteins
Digital lab notebook platform company opens office in Cambridge to support U.S. growth and customer Relations
BERLIN & CAMBRIDGE, Mass. labfolder and the German Accelerator Life Sciences (GALS), an initiative supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), today announced the initiation of an extensive collaboration supporting the company’s expansion into the North American markets. With thousands of users and a growing number of customers in the U.S. already, the newly established Cambridge office will accelerate those efforts and support customer relations.
Emperra GmbH, a start-up company based in Potsdam, Germany, has received the Finance Monthly’s 2017 Game Changers Award. The award is honouring Emperra for its new digital business models, which – based on innovative hardware – enable business revenue to be generated from digital solutions. The 2017 Game Changers Awards honour the innovation and strategic vision of a number of globally recognised specialists across a number of different industrial sectors.
Parties intend to jointly enable AAV production in CEVEC’s CAP(R)GT cells in combination with PlasmidFactory’s broad AAV serotype plasmid portfolio
Collaboration will significantly increase the value of CAP(R)GT for CEVEC customers by broadening the spectrum of available adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors for gene therapy applications
Reinforcement of senior management team to leverage growth phase of Humedics
Berlin. The Board of Humedics GmbH is pleased to announce a reinforcement of the senior team of the company with Karsten Damgaard-Iversen (MBA, BScEE), who will take up the role of CEO as of June 1, 2017. Erwin de Buijzer will stay on as managing director (MD) with the title Chief Operations Officer (COO).
The Berlin-based start-up labfolder has won a second major client: beginning in April 2017, the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) will be introducing labfolder’s electronic lab notebook as part of its quality initiative. The innovative data management software will be made available to more than 4,000 researchers at the Charité and the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine.
Project will cover the entire process from R&D up to manufacturing and clinical development of adenoviral vectors for medac’s oncology products using CEVEC’s proprietary CAP(R)GT Technology
Collaboration is next step in setting CAP(R)GT as global standard in adenoviral gene therapy
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, Provecs Medical GmbH (Provecs), a biopharmaceutical company specialized in the development of cancer microenvironment immunotherapeutics based on adenoviral vector technology , and medac Gesellschaft fuer klinische Spezialpraeparate GmbH (medac), a pharmaceutical company specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of oncological, urological and autoimmune diseases, today announced that the companies have agreed on a broad collaboration for the research, development, manufacture and clinical development of adenoviral vectors for use in oncology indications.
Agreement marks an important step in establishing CAP(R) technologies as the new global industrial standard for viral vector and vaccine development
Cologne. CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced that it has signed an exclusive license agreement with NewLink Genetics (NASDAQ:NLNK) for use of its proprietary CAP(R)GT and CAP(R)Go cell lines in the development and commercialization of products for the treatment and prophylaxis of Zika virus infections.
Determination of liver function is crucial to assess patient’s eligibility for safe liver resection
Berlin. Humedics GmbH, a specialist for real-time and mobile measurement of the individual liver function at the bedside of the patient, today announced that two studies show the potential of the LiMAx test to better assess the eligibility of colorectal cancer patients for liver metastases resection after chemotherapy. The LiMAx test was used to explore the effects of oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy on liver function.
- Submission represents an important step towards establishing CAP(R)GT and CAP(R)Go technologies as the new industrial standards for viral vaccines, commercial-scale gene therapy vectors and recombinant protein production
- CEVEC’s CAP(R) technology licensees can reference BB-MF, simplifying and accelerating their regulatory approval process for a CAP(R)-derived product.
- Contract provides up to 11,000 Max Planck scientists access to use labfolder for digital laboratory data Management
- First organization-wide digital laboratory data management deal for a Research institute across all disciplines globally
- Long-term collaboration between labfolder and the Max Planck Society to further develop the platform
- Digitalization of laboratory data management is a key driver in future scientific Innovation