- Funding strengthens CEVEC’s leading role in viral vector manufacturing technology
- CEVEC’s technology allows for industrial scale manufacturing of AAV vectors and opens the field for gene therapy applications in a wide range of indications
- This portfolio expansion is the result of an ongoing collaboration and license agreement between CEVEC and CellGenix for the development and GMP production of selected cytokines for ex vivo cell culture therapy applications using CEVEC’s proprietary CAP®Go technology
- CEVEC’s CAP®Go technology enables CellGenix access to new cytokines and proteins requiring human post-translational modifications not provided by bacterial expression systems
- CellGenix® recombinant human transforming growth factor-beta 1 (rh TGF-ß1) is used for the expansion of pluripotent stem cells (PSC) and mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) as well as for the differentiation of T cells into regulatory T cells (Treg cells) and the expansion of Treg cells
- CAP®Go-derived GMP TGF-ß1 is planned to become available in the second half of 2018
- Newly developed helper-free AAV packaging cell line provides unique solution for large-scale viral gene therapy vector production
- Easy and stable production processes, independent of transient transfection or helper virus
- Data from CEVEC’s successful proof-of-concept studies will be presented at the conference
- New patent paves the way for further market expansion for CAP®Go expression platform
- Patent strengthens CEVEC’s unique position in producing recombinant proteins with tailor-made glycosylation
- Important milestone in establishing CAP®Go as the production standard for difficult-to- express recombinant glycoproteins
Parties intend to jointly enable AAV production in CEVEC’s CAP(R)GT cells in combination with PlasmidFactory’s broad AAV serotype plasmid portfolio
Collaboration will significantly increase the value of CAP(R)GT for CEVEC customers by broadening the spectrum of available adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors for gene therapy applications
Project will cover the entire process from R&D up to manufacturing and clinical development of adenoviral vectors for medac’s oncology products using CEVEC’s proprietary CAP(R)GT Technology
Collaboration is next step in setting CAP(R)GT as global standard in adenoviral gene therapy
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, Provecs Medical GmbH (Provecs), a biopharmaceutical company specialized in the development of cancer microenvironment immunotherapeutics based on adenoviral vector technology , and medac Gesellschaft fuer klinische Spezialpraeparate GmbH (medac), a pharmaceutical company specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of oncological, urological and autoimmune diseases, today announced that the companies have agreed on a broad collaboration for the research, development, manufacture and clinical development of adenoviral vectors for use in oncology indications.
Agreement marks an important step in establishing CAP(R) technologies as the new global industrial standard for viral vector and vaccine development
Cologne. CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced that it has signed an exclusive license agreement with NewLink Genetics (NASDAQ:NLNK) for use of its proprietary CAP(R)GT and CAP(R)Go cell lines in the development and commercialization of products for the treatment and prophylaxis of Zika virus infections.
- Submission represents an important step towards establishing CAP(R)GT and CAP(R)Go technologies as the new industrial standards for viral vaccines, commercial-scale gene therapy vectors and recombinant protein production
- CEVEC’s CAP(R) technology licensees can reference BB-MF, simplifying and accelerating their regulatory approval process for a CAP(R)-derived product.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced that the Company will present at the following renowned international scientific cell culture and gene therapy conferences in Europe and the US to promote the unique and superior features of its proprietary platform technologies CAP®Go and CAP®GT to industrial players in biopharmaceutical and gene therapy applications.
- CEVEC adds laminins as CAP®Go application in the field of ex vivo cell culture products for cell therapies
- CEVEC’s CAP®Go to displace HEK293 and CHO cell lines in GMP manufacturing
- BioLamina to further grow its leading high quality ex vivo cell culture laminin product portfolio
- First commercial CAP®Go-derived laminin, LN-521, expected to be globally available in 2016
Cologne and Freiburg
- CEVEC provides expertise and grants license for the production of selected growth and differentiation factors based on CAP®Go technology
- CEVEC further expands CAP®Go applications into the field of GMP-grade ex vivo cell culture products for cell therapies
- CellGenix provides expertise to develop and manufacture CAP®Go-derived high-quality proteins for clinical cell culture needs
- CellGenix complements its protein production platform with human expression technology
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced the introduction of its unique cell-expression system, CAP(R)GT, for the fully scalable production of gene therapy vectors, based on the Company’s proprietary CAP(R) technology.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), an expert for the production of glyco-optimized biopharmaceuticals, today announced that it has granted a license for its proprietary CAP(R)Go technology to Biotest AG for the development, production and commercialization of candidate molecules to treat the symptoms of hemophilia patients.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), a global solution and service provider for the production of biopharmaceuticals based on a unique human cellular expression system, today announced the introduction of the technology platform CAP®GO for the fully scalable production of tailor-made glycosylated recombinant proteins, based on the Company’s proprietary CAP® technology.
CAP®Go technology – tailor-made glycosylation of recombinant proteins
With the CAP®Go technology, CEVEC addresses an increasing need in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries for the manufacturing of difficult to express therapeutic glycoproteins with tailor-made or fully human glycosylation patterns for significantly improved physicochemical and pharmacological properties.
CEVEC’s CAP®Go expression platform comprises a comprehensive portfolio of glyco-optimized human suspension cell lines that differ in their glycosylation capabilities and allows for the recombinant production of a variety of complexly glycosylated proteins such as high molecular mass multimeric proteins including plasma proteins, coagulation factors, cytokines and antibodies.
In previous studies, CAP®Go has proven to enhance the activity, stability and serum half-life of several candidate proteins. Depending on the selected CAP®Go cell line, the expressed protein showed: increased sialylation for improved half-life; homogenous, serum-like O-glycan structures and/or defined N-glycan antennarity, just to name a few. Therapeutic proteins expressed on conventional mammalian expression platforms like CHO (Chinese hamster ovary) or HEK293 cells (human embryonic kidney cells), by contrast, often do not match the glycosylation and pharmacokinetic profiles of their plasma-purified counterparts. The CAP®Go technology provides a highly economic way to manufacture glyco-optimized proteins with up to 10 fold higher yields than conventional cell lines and offers cost efficient large scale production.
“Our CAP®Go technology brings completely unique features to biopharmaceuticals, placing CEVEC at the leading edge of industrial protein manufacturing,” commented Frank Ubags, Chief Executive Officer of CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH “The CAP®Go expression platform is designed to manufacture normally ‘difficult to produce’ proteins, coagulation factors and other plasma derived substances as wanted and needed, addressing an increasing demand in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.”
Privately held CEVEC is a global solution and service provider for the production of biopharmaceuticals based in Cologne, Germany. The Company’s core technologies, CAP®Go and CAP®GT are based on a unique human cell expression system.
Page 1 of 2
The CAP®Go expression platform comprises a portfolio of glyco-optimized human suspension cell lines for tailor-made glycosylation of recombinant proteins. The cells are highly efficient for the production of a broad range of difficult to express glycoproteins and provide authentic human post- translational modifications. CAP®Go has proven to enhance the activity, stability and serum half-life of several candidate proteins.
The CAP®GT expression platform provides a fully scalable, regulatory endorsed production system for gene therapy vectors. CAP®GT cells grow to high cell densities and show a broad viral propagation spectrum including lentivirus (LV), adenovirus (AV) and adeno-associated virus (AAV). Furthermore, CAP®GT enables easier scale-up and reduced production costs when compared to adherent cell culture systems.
Research collaborations with international pharmaceutical and biotechnology partners followed by licensing agreements for the technology form one revenue base for CEVEC. In addition, the Company provides contract manufacturing for the cGMP production in CAP®Go and CAP®GT cells.