- Submission represents an important step towards establishing CAP(R)GT and CAP(R)Go technologies as the new industrial standards for viral vaccines, commercial-scale gene therapy vectors and recombinant protein production
- CEVEC’s CAP(R) technology licensees can reference BB-MF, simplifying and accelerating their regulatory approval process for a CAP(R)-derived product.
Miracor’s Chairman of the Board: “We are proud to have PVP joining our Investors”
Berlin. Peppermint VenturePartners led the recent Series-C financing of Miracor Medical Systems GmbH with an investment from its Peppermint CBF-1 fund. The total amount raised in the Series-C is currently € 7 Million. Miracor seeks to complete Series-C with another € 8 Million.
- Contract provides up to 11,000 Max Planck scientists access to use labfolder for digital laboratory data Management
- First organization-wide digital laboratory data management deal for a Research institute across all disciplines globally
- Long-term collaboration between labfolder and the Max Planck Society to further develop the platform
- Digitalization of laboratory data management is a key driver in future scientific Innovation
- Agreement establishes Paragon as CEVEC’s preferred partner for contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) services in North America
- Companies will conduct coordinated marketing and business development activities to establish CEVEC’s CAP(R) technologies as a new standard for gene therapy vector production
- Collaboration includes developing a scalable clinical production process for AAV-based gene therapy vectors based on the CAP(R)GT platform
Humedics GmbH, a specialist for real-time and mobile measurement of the individual liver function at the bedside of the patient, today announced that the company has submitted the marketing authorization application for the diagnostic agent necessary for the performance of the LiMAx test. The dossier was submitted in Germany, UK and Austria.
- CAP®GT technology for fully scalable industrial adenoviral vector production with proven absence of replication-competent adenovirus (RCA)
- CAP®GT technology is underway to replace HEK293 as current production host for adenoviral vector
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced that the Company’s proprietary cell-expression system, CAP®GT, has delivered the production of safe adenoviral (AV) gene therapy vectors with the proven absence of RCAs.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced that the Company will present at the following renowned international scientific cell culture and gene therapy conferences in Europe and the US to promote the unique and superior features of its proprietary platform technologies CAP®Go and CAP®GT to industrial players in biopharmaceutical and gene therapy applications.
Humedics GmbH, a specialist for real-time and mobile measurement of the individual liver function at the bedside of the patient, today announced results of a retrospective study investigating the impact of the LiMAx test on clinical patient outcome after hepatectomy. Study results showed that the use of the LiMAx test led to reductions in post-operative liver failure and to a decrease of liver failure related mortality.
WUNDERDING – a platform about science and tech startups, supported by Robert Bosch Stiftung – calls PVP’s portfolio company Emperra “startup of the week”
Developing pioneering technologies and making them attractive for industry often requires a great deal of patience and perseverance. The Helmholtz Validation Fund (HVF) is therefore providing support to a number of particularly promising projects carried out by research teams in the Helmholtz
Association. A total of 21 projects were selected for the first funding period from 2011 to 2015. Following a successful evaluation process, the programme will now continue from 2016 to 2020. The first three projects to be funded in the new programme phase were selected this December by the experts on the decisionmaking board. These projects could pave the way to discovering new and better ways of diagnosing and treating diseases such as cancer, osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s.
Emperra, a German start-up that has created a digital diabetes management solution consisting of smart hardware and software, has completed a Series B financing round of USD 3.1 million, with Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH (RBVC), a corporate venture capital company of the Bosch Group, joining the existing investors Peppermint VenturePartners and Investitionsbank des Landes Brandenburg. CEO Dr. Krey and CTO Dr. Schildt, management of Emperra, also participated in the round. The funds will be used for further product development and to accelerate international growth, predominantly in the United States and Europe.
- CEVEC adds laminins as CAP®Go application in the field of ex vivo cell culture products for cell therapies
- CEVEC’s CAP®Go to displace HEK293 and CHO cell lines in GMP manufacturing
- BioLamina to further grow its leading high quality ex vivo cell culture laminin product portfolio
- First commercial CAP®Go-derived laminin, LN-521, expected to be globally available in 2016
Frank Ubags, CEO of PVPs Portfolio Company CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH, talks about the production of scene therapy vectors. An interview with News Medical.
Cologne and Freiburg
- CEVEC provides expertise and grants license for the production of selected growth and differentiation factors based on CAP®Go technology
- CEVEC further expands CAP®Go applications into the field of GMP-grade ex vivo cell culture products for cell therapies
- CellGenix provides expertise to develop and manufacture CAP®Go-derived high-quality proteins for clinical cell culture needs
- CellGenix complements its protein production platform with human expression technology
Dr. Tom Albert, Head of Strategy at AXA Krankenversicherung AG, becomes the fifth member of Peppermint Venture Partners’ (PVP’s) Expert Panel. The members of the Expert Panel support PVP in international benchmarking potential investments and provide expert advice to PVP and its portfolio companies.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), the expert in the production of tailor-made recombinant glycoproteins and gene therapy vectors, today announced the introduction of its unique cell-expression system, CAP(R)GT, for the fully scalable production of gene therapy vectors, based on the Company’s proprietary CAP(R) technology.
The Charité Biomedical Fund (CBF-1), managed by Peppermint VenturePartners (PVP), is the lead investor of the current financing round of labfolder – the digital laboratory notebook software for research. labfolder closes a seven-digit growth financing round for further development of the software platform, and expanding marketing and international sales.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH (CEVEC), an expert for the production of glyco-optimized biopharmaceuticals, today announced that it has granted a license for its proprietary CAP(R)Go technology to Biotest AG for the development, production and commercialization of candidate molecules to treat the symptoms of hemophilia patients.